Thursday, March 29, 2018

White Easter Bunnies


The Easter Bunny is frequently portrayed as white in children's books.  I get it, though if I personally was illustrating a children's book I'd probably make a different choice.  What's particularly irritating though, is when the Easter Bunny is white and all of his "friends" helping out are brown, as in this illustration from The Story of the Easter Bunny, by Katherine Tegen and illustrated by Sally Anne Lambert.  When my son and I got to this page I internally groaned, and when we finished the story I immediately tossed it into the return to library pile.  

Would love recommendations for any Easter books featuring kids of color!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fatima's Great Outdoors, by Ambreen Tariq and illustrated by Stevie Lewis

  BUY HERE (or, even better, request at your local library!)